[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Ferrari <aferrari at stasoft dot ch>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN with Nokia 9300
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:36:46 +0100
James W. McKeand wrote:
> Andreas Ferrari wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>Ita now the 3rd time I ask this question and I hope someone can
>>answer it. Is it possible to configure the M0n0wall for use with a
>>Nokia 9300 and the Nokia VPN software on it?
>>see here http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,70283,00.html
>>and http://www.europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,77435,00.html#5
>>If its not possible at this time to do that with a m0n0wall, what will
>>be needed to do that in future?
>

> If you are able to find instructions for VPN setup with any other IPSec
> VPN, you should be able to setup a IPSec VPN to a m0n0wall. You have
> read the same things I did.

Yes, VPN with like MacOSX (or whatever) to a M0n0wall is not the problem.

> I am not sure how to create the VPN policy. If the "Nokia Security
> Service Manager" allows you to create the policy. It should allow you to
> establish a VPN to a m0n0wall (or any IPSec VPN)

My problem is that I cant create a policy. I can just define a
policy-server. Is there a chance to setup m0n0wall a policy server?
If yes what do i need for that?

> Try it...
I setup up the VPN on the m0n0wall and tried it with the ip of the
mm0n0wall, but I just get a verry strange error message on the Nokia.
"Unspecified error, source 'Acu' error code 102300, state code 7"

> James W. McKeand

regards

--
STASOFT AG