[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alen Stimec <alenstimec at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN found the solution
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:07:53 +0200
Hello!

My LAN is in 10.1.1.0/24 range
My Wan Is and ADSL PPoE connection

As I said I had to Build a VPN to a Site with
aggressive/des/md5/dh1/preshared key BUT
The other side wanted me to have a certain IP (10.125.3.33/32) in LAN
subnet that will open the IPSEC.

So what I did. I puted another Ethernet Card "OPT1" in the machine,
plug it in LAN switch/hub, Defined IP settings as the Other IPSEC side
wanted e.g. 10.125.3.33/24

In IPsec defined:
Interface: WAN
Local subnet: single host (10.126.33.33) /the IP that they require.
Remote subnet: 151.x.x.x
remote gateway: Foo.domain.com
etc.

Now if i go to Monowall  and press PING/Traceroute
and select:
ping : remote IP 151.x.x.x
Interface : OPT1
The tunnel is Established.

Now. THERE should be an easyest way to do the same thing i did so..
Basicaly I need if I select in IPSEC "single IP" and put the IP i
mentioned before (10.126.33.33) the tunnel from The LAN cannot be
established because my LAN is 10.1.1.0/24 range.

so far i did the tunell..it works but i would appreciate some more
help from All out there, pls

:)
Alen