[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 500 Internal Error - Ahh!
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:56:40 -0600
From: "Dave Bayliss" <Dave at dbayliss dot com>

> I am getting this in my build:

> 500 Internal Error
> Something unexpected went wrong running a CGI program
> Now I found out that it is because the file is not marked executable?

A permissions thing.  Essentially what is happening is BSD is being told to
run what it thinks is a text file.

> This is what I am doing:
> I am using m0n0-install-modules script <- works a treat with Lees OS
> build.

Thanks. :-)

> Any file I update has this problem,

What editor are you using?  If it is kedit (The one built into KDE) it will
save as text files unless told not to.

> If I chmod a+x the file from exec.php on the wall once the image is built
> all
> is good.

But not helpfull after a reboot, right? :-)

> If I chmod a+x the entire folder before the build it still fails?

You do not execute a folder.  Before you build the image, go into the folder
where you modified everything, sort by date, and select all the modified
files.  Then go to permissions and check execute.

> I can view the images, but the php files fail? Why?

In windows the equivalent is a .bat and a .txt file.  Both are the same
format, but you will never be able to run a .txt from a command line.  To
run the php file, you need to set the "I am a runnable file" permission.

> Dave

> (I am working all night to finish this so please help)

That is when all the best work happens. :-)

                        Lee