[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Jason Brunk" <jbrunk at wthosting dot com>, "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:13:18 +0100

I don't have problems for hosting it for myself, its just for the
official release being a part of the m0n0 thing ;)

> I think this is a fantastic idea.
>
> Would this appliance also act as the router, or would it be in addtion
> the router?  If its in addition to the router, are you going to make a
> modification to the main monowall core so you can point it to the
cache
> appliance?
It was my intendance for the cache to be an addition to the router (for
example if you are running cisco internet routers with WCCP enabled) but
it would be easy to implement an option on m0n0wall to let it know
there's a cache.

The system is not intended to replace the m0n0wall but being an addition
to m0n0wall our every router supporting wccp.

J.