[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Brunk" <jbrunk at wthosting dot com>
 To:  "'Jonathan De Graeve'" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, "'m0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:47:11 -0500
Pfsense is a litte larger of an application, I have always had to install
it to a Hard drive right from the start, I don't use it anymore because some
of the later versions had issues about getting the cache server to run.  But
there was no realy GUI that I saw at all when I was running it.  You had a
gui to install the package but after that there was no interface for
controlling squid.  When you disabled it and tried to re-enable it would
mess up because your squid config was already there, if you changed internal
ips it acted up.  I would much rather see a nice app with an interface
written, and would love to see it running with snmp compiled too.  I used to
query my cache server and generate graphs on cache hits and live hits and
stuff like that.  The snmp in squid was nice.  Hopefully the squid
cachemgr.cgi would be there as well.

Jason