[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  w dot plein at gmail dot com
 To:  "Jason Brunk" <jbrunk at wthosting dot com>, "'Jonathan De Graeve'" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, "'m0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall-dev] RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:19:03 -0800
At 10:27 AM 12/13/2005, Jason Brunk wrote:
>I think this would be great, especially if you can tell monowall where the
>cache server is.  If its all transparent that would be awesome.  I used to
>have an openbsd box that did transparent cache and it was great, I used
>pfsense because it did cache, but lacked in a lot of other areas.  Pfsense
>has it as part of the core system.  But I like your idea of a separate
>appliance.

My personal opinion: Keep it separate, a dedicated system image. I moved
back to m0n0wall from pfsense because I run in a WRAP platform and pfsense
was becoming non-optimized for the WRAP platform. I like m0n0wall small,
fast, and optimized for my embedded platform. I wouldn't mind running a
m0n0cache on a separate box, however.

--
w dot plein at gmail dot com