[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Craig FALCONER" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:37:31 +0100
> Onderwerp: RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
>
> Not for the m0n0wall mailing list.
It would be another mailing list ;)

> I do think that you should have a look at pfSense.  Now that its up to
> 0.96.2 its massively better.
I got response from people that give me information on this. It didn't
satisfy a real netcache appliance (I'm talking about a replacement for
Netapp's Netcache...)

> There's a squid package available already, but its not particularly
> refined... More to display how packages work.
>
> If you really want a separate box for squid, just make up a separate
box
> and
> install squid there.  Confining a squid install onto a m0n0wall box is
> bit
> short sighted imho.
I'm not thinking about a m0n0wall with extra cache on it.

I'm talking about the same base as m0n0wall: booting up, xml
configuration, firmware upgrade, same gui appearance, cpu and memory
stats but NO firewall, NO vpn and NO captive portal...

It's an addition to a m0n0wall appliance, nota n addition to m0n0wall
itself (like squid package in pfsense)

J.