[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, nick dot smith79 at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] local lan accessing domain
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:16:35 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Smith <nick dot smith79 at gmail dot com>
Date: Dec 13, 2005 5:07 PM
Subject: [m0n0wall] local lan accessing domain
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

what rule do i have to setup to allow my local lan to access machine
on my network using their domain name? for instance i cant ssh into my
computer from within my local network using domain.com i have to use
the local ip address 192.168.whatever, also the same for mail setup
and scp/ftp pretty much everything.  how can i let me entire local lan
use the domain name as well?

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-lannat.html

Also, you can setup a secondary DNS server for the LAN users where
domain.com points to the LAN IP of the nated server...not the public
IP. External users will still use the external DNS IP address since
they don't have access to the internal secondary DNS

 ~ Don