[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:36:10 +0100
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:21:15 +0100, Jonathan De Graeve wrote

> My current thought was, I have already 4years experience with
> developping webcaches and now also with development for m0n0wall, I want
> to built some appliance software much the same way m0n0wall works at
> this moment.
>
> All thoughts are welcome

I have very little experience with webcaches mentioned in the other posts and do
not know if they support any kind of filtering on content, but I have used squid
in combination with dansguardian a lot, so here's my thought.

Maybe not to be included in the first version of the m0n0cache but is it an idea
to put in some filtering as dansguardian does ? It would help people a lot to
deploy a transparent webcache which filters out most of the spyware and other
really annoying IE exploit related junk on the net and would give admins a
possibilty to even filter out "adult" content for schools and other "protected"
environments.

Or would that make the image to large ?

--
Jeroen Visser.