I have a modified install which uses an image burned onto a cdrom:
1. Download the tomsrtbt single floppy disk linux version from
2. Install it on a floppy.
3. Boot from the floppy with the command: bz2bzImage ramdisk_size=10000
as the boot parameter.
4. Make sure there is a mount point (/mnt/cdrom) if not, make one.
5. Insert a cd with the latest generic-pc-xxx.img m0n0wall image burned
6. Mount the cd: mount /dev/hdX /mnt/cdrom
7. Issue the following command from the linux command line:
% gunzip -c /mnt/cdrom/generic-pc-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hdX bs=16k