[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:00:40 -0000
> It was my intendance for the cache to be an addition to the
> router (for example if you are running cisco internet routers
> with WCCP enabled) but it would be easy to implement an
> option on m0n0wall to let it know there's a cache.

I guess it depends on the size of your site whether you feel that caching
needs its own dedicated hardware, or whether it can go onto another box
that's already doing other *nix-based tasks (I'm not advocating combining it
with m0n0wall, just another *nix box).

I'd love to see WCCP support in m0n0 itself so squid on a separate machine
can tell m0n0 of its existence and provide transparent proxying.

Regards,

Chris