[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris net 48XX does not boot
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:32:52 -0600
From: "Koen Wastyn" <koen dot wastyn at samuraiatwork dot com>

> Just started using m0n0wall, after playing with PF and openBSD, however I
> can't get it to boot. I read and folowed the installation instructions
> word
> for word, used my Zaurus to dd the img file, but the Soekris does not
> boot.

> Th eSoekris  starts counting down (5 to 1) for normal boot, but doesnt get
> past 1, is just sits there...

Let's start with the image.  First make sure you have the right one, and
redownload it to make sure it is not corrupt.  Next make sure the flash is
working.  Mount the flash drive as a device, and see if it has a full
filesystem.  Also, have you tried a different CF card?  Some are just
incompatible with Soekris.

                        Lee