[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>, "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0cache
 Date:  Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:34:37 +0100
> I have very little experience with webcaches mentioned in the other
posts
> and do
> not know if they support any kind of filtering on content, but I have
used
> squid
> in combination with dansguardian a lot, so here's my thought.
>
> Maybe not to be included in the first version of the m0n0cache but is
it
> an idea
> to put in some filtering as dansguardian does ? It would help people a
lot
> deploy a transparent webcache which filters out most of the spyware
and
> other
> really annoying IE exploit related junk on the net and would give
admins a
> possibilty to even filter out "adult" content for schools and other
> "protected"
> environments.
It will never be included in the first releases, thats fors ure. Since I
certainly will be focusing on integrating the squid server itself... If
that works we can add other stuff too.

> Or would that make the image to large ?
Don't know if it will make the image too large but we have the advantage
that its not intented for a small, slow cpu device and can set a new
image size :)

The idea is: flash & (almost) play

J.