[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brandon <bstone108 at comcast dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] hard drive install
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:58:01 -0600
Hello James,

Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 9:59:22 AM, you wrote:

> eric at austinconventioncenter dot com wrote:
>> OK,
>> I may be missing something here, I've perused the m0n0wall site, did a
>> google search, but I am scratching my head on how to install m0n0wall
>> to the hard drive. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/setup-installing.html

> Also see: http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17 I'm not sure what
> version of m0n0wall is on the Chris' live install CD, but it does not
> matter, you can always upgrade to current version after you have it
> up...

another Idea..   just download the generic ide version to a usb flash
disk and use dsl linux or knoppix or some other live cd distro, make
sure the hd you want to use is connected to primary master..  if it's
not then make sure you know which channel it's on,  pri/ma is hda
pri/slave is hdb  secondary/ma is hdc  secondary/slave is hdd.

all you have to do is navigate to your usb drive in a termal and use
the dd command..   you have to use gunzip and pipe the output through
the dd command but the exact details of how to do this escape me at
the moment..  it's printed on the install instructions on the m0n0wall
site..    later

--
Best regards,
 Brandon                            mailto:bstone108 at comcast dot net