[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Inbound NAT problem solved!
 Date:  Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:02:03 -0500
On 12/13/05, Bash Ahmed <bash at bashsolutions dot com> wrote:

> The only difference between the two machines was that I had been using the
> internet through Mono where as my server was pointing to my retired router (off
> the network) as it's default gateway...I changed the gateway, fired up a browser > to test the
server's connectivity and it all just started working!  Does this make
> any sense?

of course.  any time a machine has to talk to something off its local
subnet, it has to use its default gateway.  If the gateway is missing
or incorrect, it can't send traffic out, or reply to any traffic that
comes inbound to it, from another IP subnet.

-Chris