[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Koen Wastyn <koen dot wastyn at samuraiatwork dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris net 48XX does not boot
 Date:  Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:18:57 +0100
Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply:

I will list the steps I took :

1 Downloaded the image for the 48xx again
2 put it on my Zaurus
3 On the zaurus:
    mkfs.ext2 /dev/hdc1     (hdc1=CF)
4. cd to the dir containing the image
5. gunzip -c net48xx-1.2.img | dd of=/dev/hdc1 bs=16k

output:
    gunzip:net48xx-1.2.img: decompression OK, trailing  garbage ignored
384+0 records in
384+0 records out

6. put the CF in my soekris and boot...still the same, it sits there

"1 Seconds to automatic boot.   Press Ctrl-P for entering Monitor."

I will try another CF later today, but I can not imagine it will work with
another CF, the CF I tested has been used under openBSD for months...

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards,
Koen