[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob ." <tempuserone at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPsec WLAN to WAN without LAN access
 Date:  Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:07:41 -0800 (PST)
I have reviewed the excellent post and accompanying documentation
(edain.de/howtos/wlan_protection.shtml) but my network configuration is slightly different and I
have not gotten the IPsec tunnel to work.

 I wish to protect my WLAN but do not/not want connectivity between the WLAN and the LAN. The
diagram of the network setup (edain.de/howtos/wlan_protection.shtml) is exactly as mine is (even the
IP address scheme) but I have rules in monowall preventing any access from the WLAN (DMZ subnet) to
the LAN subnet. I have downloaded and installed IPsec files from the Microsoft website (support
/tools) as well as the TauVPN (ver .37).

My questions revolve around the fact that I do not want to have WLAN / LAN connectivity. So ..

On the "VPN: IPsec: Edit tunnel" page of monowall the "Local subnet" selection in the example is
"LAN subnet" but since I want no WLAN / LAN connectivity, my choices are either "Network" or "Single
host" with a required address field. What would be the correct inputs for the "LAN subnet" and
address fields in my situation?

On the "New Connection" page of the TauVPN the "Server subnet" in the example is LAN subnet. The
"Server local IP" is the LAN IP of the monowall. What would be the correct inputs for the "Server
subnet" and "Server local IP" fields be in my situation?

I hope that someone can find the time to advise me on the configuration changes to make the IPsec
WLAN connection without LAN connectivity.

Thanks in advance.  Bob.

Yahoo! Shopping