[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jim" <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  MonoWall PPOE connection very slow
 Date:  Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:52:12 -0500
I am having a problem with Internet traffic being very slow with my MonoWall
using PPOE and a Bellsouth DSL connection.
Currently the MonoWall is running 1.2 and I have also tried 1.11 using PC
with CDROM and Floppy. If I use the Westell DSL modem
in its native PPOE / Firewall mode and no Monowall speed is excellent. If I
turn the Westell into a  DSL bridge and use the MonoWall for PPOE
then browsing is very slow and e-mail does not work ie  pop3 and web login
to gmail crawls.

This same Monowall on a comcast cable connection works fine no problems. I
have also tried a second computer as well with same versions of Monowall
and same results. I also tried the MonoWall at another DSL connection at
another location same results. I have spent most of today working on this
problem
with no success.

Any Ideas ? What to try next ?

Thanks list