[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Martin Meraner" <Martin dot Meraner at Territoriumonline dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem with the WAN settings
 Date:  Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:17:50 +0100
Hello first of all, I've just signed up a day ago, and I would have a
question ... it may be that it is a trivial one, but since I am a beginner .
so please forgive me my probably stupid question.

I have the following network situation:

LAN (Subnet 255.255.255.0, net 10.0.0.x)

(10.0.0.222)
mOnOwall (a bare PC with 2 network adapters and a monitor)
(?.?.?.?)

ADSL Router (with 4 network slots, the gateway has ip address 10.0.0.138 and
subnet 255.255.255.0, it serves to connect to the internet, I suppose it
uses NAT to translate the internal private addresses to real ones).

HOW should I set the WAN settings??? I tried with static ip and have given
the wan the address 10.0.0.223 and as gateway 10.0.0.138, but it just blocks
everything (I suppose that in the target WAN he tries to search for real
addresses instead routing them to the 10.0.0.138 internet adsl). Can you
help me, do you have any suggestions?

Martin Meraner
Territorium Online