[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Martin Meraner" <Martin dot Meraner at Territoriumonline dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] Problem with the WAN settings
 Date:  Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:40:44 +0100
Your internal and external network (seen from the m0n0walls lan and wan) is the same subnet range
(10.0.0.x/24). This way no routingdecision can be made. You need non conflicting subnets at both
sides.
I would  suggest setting the Modemrouter to bridgemode if possible and use the m0n0 to establish the
connection. If you want to keep it this way change your wansubnet. For exammple:

LAN 10.0.0.222/24
m0n0
WAN static 10.1.1.2/24 Gateway 10.1.1.1

LAN 10.1.1.1/24
ADSL-Router
WAN (pppoe, dhcp or whatever it does)

Internet

If the ADSL-Router has a DMZ option set the m0n0s WAN IP as DMZ-host. Else you won't be able to use
services or forward ports unless you forward them at the ADSL-Router to the m0n0 as well.

Bridgemode of the ADSL-Router would be more comfortable though as you only have to administrate the
m0n0 then and not the other device as well. Also note that dyndns won't work with the "doublenated"
scenario unless you do  it at the ADSL-router.

Holger