[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  taharka <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>
 To:  Jim <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MonoWall PPOE connection very slow
 Date:  Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:23:45 -0500
Howdy,

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 08:01 -0500, Jim wrote:
> Raylund & Jonathan,
>
> Thanks for the ideas. I have tried both of the changes and no change. If I
> ping my WAN IP I have no loss
> If I ping the ISP side of the link I have a 50% loss. I don't have this
> problem with the Westell DSL modem
> I changed the ngo mtu with exec.php  ifconfig ng0 mtu 1454 and checked via
> status.php to make sure it took
> and it did. No change. The Fragmented packets made the issue worse as well.
>
> I really need to get this working if anyone can shed any light on the PPOE
> issue if that is what it is ?

This area is an old GTE Telco & I had the same issue. The Westell modem
wasn't dummied down enough in bridge mode. Switched to a Fijitsu Orckit
Speedport modem (which is a straight dumb bridge) & problem solved.
Check with the ISP to see what modems are approved for use on the
circuit.

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.