[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Giese <m0n0wall at gieses dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VNC disconnecting
 Date:  Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:22:57 -0800
Using pb23 on a Soekris 48xx, stock configuration except for an SSH
redirect, I'm having problems keeping VNC connections going. While I'm
using the remote control session, things are fine; however, leaving the
session for even a minute or so results in the VNC connection dropping.

This wasn't a problem with my two previous firewalls - Linksys and
IPCop, so I'm fairly certain it's specific to m0n0wall or some setting
in my m0n0wall config.

If it makes any difference...I'm using VNC via VPN. CheckPoint's
SecuRemote on my Win2K box, through m0n0wall and our corporate firewall
to access the remote PC. I'm not having this problem with any other
connections, i.e. SSH sessions through the VPN stay up just fine.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill