[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <webmaster at ics dash group dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall & VMware after a long time of testing ...
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:50:43 +0100
Hi,

i watched mailing list and found some people who are trying 2 test m0n0wall
in a Virtual Environment

I did it for a month now.

I never had problems with it !

It runs directly from the PC-CDROM image also from a burned CD … the speed
is very well and troughput also …

Im tested it with

- Win2000

            - VMware Workstation 4.0.2. Bulid 5592

                        - VMware GSX Server 2.5.1. Build 4968

- WinXP

- VMware Workstation 4.0.2. Bulid 5592

                        - VMware GSX Server 2.5.1. Build 4968

Without any Kernel patching ….

But there are 2 things … if u create a .flp image and try 2 use this as ur
„Floppy Drive“ for the .xml config file … that won´t work so dont waste 2
much time. And the other thing is that my ISP kicks me all 24 houres and
m0n0wall don´t get the Interface up again till i restart the machine … but i
dont think this is an VMware problem … anyone with the same prob ?

Thats it

I hope that wasn´t 2 anoying ;)

Steven