[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eileen Kelleher" <eileen at kelltech dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Setting up VPN access through m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:46:30 -0700
Can the IPSEC vpn feature be used to set up a tunnel from a remote
client in where the remote gateway and network is unknown, as would be
the case from a roving notebook?

I am trying to use the SafeNet client to do this.  When I try to set up
a tunnel it requires the remote subnet and gateway addresses.  Was it
only intended for use to set up a tunnel between 2 routers?

I'm wondering if the only way this is going to really work is to pass
PPTP traffic in to a Windows server, can you tell me if this is the
case.

I had trouble with setting up a PPTP VPN and using a windows XP client
to access my network remotely, I can run the browser to configure the
m0n0wall but am unable to do anything with my internal hosts (such as
exchange or remote desktop)

Eileen Kelleher

eileen at kelltech dot biz
mobile - 623-326-4567