[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christopher Iarocci <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  static route problem??
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:34:53 -0500
I'm not sure, but I think I've come across a static route configuration
problem.  I am trying to point a static route that goes from my Opt1
interface, to my LAN interface.  My Opt1 interface is on a seperate
subnet than my LAN.  So, I set up a route that pertains to Opt1
interface, along with the destination network, and the IP of my LAN
interface as the gateway.  Now, I realize that this is not an entirely
correct way to make a static route (the gateway should be another router
connected to the m0n0wall), however, when I do a tracert  to the
destination, my LAN IP never comes up.  It times out right after the
Opt1 interface.  Also, if I do a tracert to the network from a machine
hooked to the LAN subnet, I get a double hop at the LAN interface.  I
wouldn't expect that since the rule was entered to pertain to the Opt1
interface, so I assumed it wouldn't affect the LAN interface at all.
Also, when looking at the status.php page,  the routing table shows xl0
under the netif column.  xl0 is my LAN interface, while an0 is my Opt1
interface.  Shouldn't it show an0 under netif?  Have I found a bug?
BTW, I am running version pb23r570.

Chris