[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] SMP support
 Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:16:33 -0600
> I haven't updated the build for awhile, but I use m0n0wall on my dual
> 200 p-pro's.  Do alot of pptp, and the 4511 wasn't holding its own
> anymore.
>
> pb22r566 is available at
> http://students.dsu.edu/iedemam/m0n0wall/
>
> I will build an update tomorrow after I get back from classes.
>
> Wow, someone else using SMP :)  It's a special day.
>
> --Michael I.

I must be lonely, I'm responding to my own message.  I've quick made a
script which will add SMP support to a m0n0wall image.

head to http://mrkasai.undergroup.com/m0n0wall/ and check out
m0n0addSMP.php

It needs (wget or fetch) and pseudo-device vn built into your freebsd
kernel to work.  On the first run it downloads the latest smp kernel
from my students site, then updates the image.  I may eventually need to
update the kernel so use "--update" to update the smp kernel being used.

Please send me any comments/bugs

--Thanks and I hope these help you,
--Michael I.