[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall survey
 Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:58:24 -0800
> I want: time/day of week based Traffic shaper

I want something not on the survey:

+ A captive portal entrance page: "Hi. These are the rules. Click here to
continue"

When I asked about this months ago, quite a few people were interested. Is
there even more interest now that so many more people are using this?  Here
in USA at least, there's some paranoia about open networks that a "You
agreed to this" page can alleviate.

There's also a growing 'free hotspot' market and more simple *nix compatible
MIPS-based APs hardware being released (e.g. the much hacked Linkys WRT54G)
that would love something small, powerful and GUI configurable like
M0n0wall.  (Hmm: how good is freeBSD MIPS support?).

Anyhow, if enough people are interested AND Manuel thinks this belongs in
his baby, I might be able to re-start this project (or inspire someone else
to :->).  The implementations I've seen mostly involve messing with rules
for a recently created DHCP lease - not hard, just messy :-).

cheers, michael