[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  joshmccormack at travelersdiary dot com
 To:  Dana Spiegel <dana at sociableDESIGN dot com>
 Cc:  dick at dickmorrell dot com, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, Manuel Dominguez <manuelmovil at teleline dot es>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall survey
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:05:11 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Dana Spiegel wrote:

> If this is something that people are really interested in (I am
> interested in this as well), then:
>
> 1) I can help figure out the best way to do this, in terms of design of
> the system. We do have best practices for this sort of thing
> 2) I can give a presentation to the rest of NYCwireless (being an
> active member and on the board of advisors), which will cause more
> people to adopt m0n0wall.
>

> Director, NYCwireless
> dana at nycwireless dot net
> www.nycwireless.net

Very exciting that a captive portal could be part of this system. Since NoCatAuth is done in Perl,
and PHP runs on m0n0wall and I know both, if I could help out with that I'd be willing. That's
assuming it would be done in PHP and not C (which I'd be no help in).

Any chance of an SSL based VPN (I know OpenVPN integration has been mentioned) being added?

If a captive portal system is done, would it just be a splash page (in which case there is a C
version done by the authors of NoCatAuth you might be able to use) or would it handle different
levels of authorization? This leads to the next natural question, where would the list of authorized
users be stored? OpenRadius? Text files, etc?

Josh