[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "M. G. (Michael) de Bruin" <mg dot debruin at buum dot nl>
 To:  Fred Weston <Fred at daytonawan dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Missing out on SNMP?
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:16:04 +0100
Fred Weston wrote:

> Sorry if this is answered previously or in a later message, I've been
> away for a couple days and still have a couple hundred e-mails to
> read... :-/
>
> Is SNMP in m0n0wall enabled and usable with MRTG by default?

> Re: [m0n0wall] Missing out on SNMP?
> From:
> "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
> Date:
> Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:32:09 -0700
> To:
> Brandon Holland <brandon at cookssaw dot com> , "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch"
> <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
>
> To:
> Brandon Holland <brandon at cookssaw dot com> , "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch"
> <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
>

> At 07:58 AM 1/12/2004, Brandon Holland wrote:
>
>>What is it good for?  What are possible applications?
>

> One popular use is to combine it with MRTG (Multi-Router Traffic Grapher)
> to get pretty pictures of your traffic flow.
>
> Also used with network monitoring tools (What's Up?, OpenView, etc.) to
> watch for crashes and failures.
>

>           -crl
> --
> Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad at eldocomp dot com
>    Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
>       5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
>         Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228
>
> -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --
>
> This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed,
applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.

It is not enabled by default but if you enable it, you can make a basic
config with 'cfgmaker [community]@[host]'.

Regards,

Michael