 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Read error when booting m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:21:22 +0100
Hello,

I downloaded the standard PC IDE-version of m0n0wall (pb24r585), unzipped the
image and dd'd it to a spare 2 gig hard disk, just like the installation
hints told me to do. I put the disk into a Fujitsu Ergo Pro x453, switched
the computer on and after BIOS startup nothing but "Read error" appeared on
the screen. I tried the same disk in two other computers, both booted just
fine. What could be the reason for this? The computer is able to boot other
operating systems such as Windows (ugh) and Linux, it worked as a
router/server based on Red Hat Linux 7.3 for over a year now without any
problems.

Regards,
Andreas