[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  "'Fred Wright'" <fw at well dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Blocked Port Detection?
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:44:39 -0600
Not ALL satellite dishes are one way :)

There's a two way DirecPC plan (Which we had, and used for a good year -
maybe two)

At any rate, 5 or so people share a common uplink capacity of 128k.  So,
theoretically, if the other 4 weren't on, you'd get that high.  (Never
saw it that high though)

At any rate, dial up was usually faster than satellite for uploads -
esp. ftp uploads as a 250ms connection is much preferable of an
800-1000ms connection on small files.

This is an old message.  It took you a while to read this :)

I'm still interested in knowing if there's a good way to find out what
outgoing ports are blocked by ISP.  (Incoming is easy enough to check
via grc or some equivalent)