[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  PlanAlpha <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com>
 To:  Roy Boverhof <furymedia at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem booting m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:26:51 -0800
On 12/15/05, Roy Boverhof <furymedia at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after looking at a lot of firewalls I think m0n0wall is exactly what I need
> :)
>
> However, it won't boot. All I get is this message:
> http://www.fury.nl/images/m0n0wall_bootproblem.jpg
>
> This is a supermicro 1U P4 3,4Ghz server with 1Gb memory:
> http://www.supermicro.nl/products/system/1U/5014/SYS-5014C-MF.cfm
>
> Hope anyone knows what the problem might be, I used the 'generic_pc' image.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Roy

Roy-
I've had nothing but trouble with supermicron systems :(
...and it usually stems from the mass storage controllers (unless its
the motherboard dying...again) . As a test, download and burn the 1.2
cdrom image and see if it works. If I use an ide -> cf converter it
works, but never with the raid controller and hard drives, at least
with the models I've used.
Good luck.