[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic shaping, VoIP delays
 Date:  Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:59:24 -0500
Hi,

	I'm using a vonage phone behind my m0n0wall.  When I call people, I
don't hear the first seconds of the conversation (i.e. when they answer
and quickly say "Hello...", I can only hear the "o" or just nothing.

	I tried something like this:
http://andersonfam.org/gallery2/d/13628-1/traf_shape.jpg
But it did not give any results.  I guess it makes sense since this
reserves some bandwidth for VoIP only.  I have the problem even if my
connexion is almost unused.  What should I do?

Regards,
--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.