[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPOE Supported ?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 02:19:46 +0100
Heya

Jim wrote:
> Does anyone have ppoe with and external dsl modem in bridge mode working ?
I did have a ADSL-modem running in PPPoE mode without any problems. But
I am confused by your term "bridging mode" a bit. Do you log in to your
ISP with username/password via PPPoE and the DSL-modem? What does
bridging mode mean here?

> If so do you know what the mtu is set for using status.php and looking
> at ng0 ?
Hm, the right MTU for DSL is different from ISP to ISP... Normally it's
1492, but for example for AOL you need 1500.

I hope I got you right ;-)

Greetings
Carsten