[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Raylund Lai <raylund dot lai at kankanwoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPOE Supported ?
 Date:  Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:37:07 -0500
My setup is using the modem in bridge mode and m0n0wall for pppoe auth.
The status.php, somehow (I don't know why), always report mtu of 1492.
What you need is to enter the proper mtu at the WAN page, if the default
1492 is not working for you.

You could test/confirm your mtu by using the default mtu first and
follow this article to find out your max. mtu
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/695

If you're interesting in knowing more about MTU, have a look on this
article http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/adsl/pppoemtu.htm

Cheers
Raylund