[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  ugob at camo dash route dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic shaping, VoIP delays
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:18:39 +0000
Hi Ugo,

The startup delay is probably caused by you ITSP or your VoIP device. Try
reducing the size of your jitterbuffer (i think sipura calls this parameter
"network latency").

Also make the VoIP rules tighter. Use something like
match udp
match packet size 0-500

Finally you could try to reduce the MTU. This may however bust some
applications.

BR