[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, furymedia at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Problem booting m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:14:11 -0500
> I guess this will do for now, I can test the system and I have ordered a CF -> IDE card.

A lttile off topic but when you get to the point of putting the CF
card in, I'd get a copy of Chris Buechler's live installer boot disk.
http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17

1. backup the config xml.
2. after physically installing CF +reader, boot with live installer.
3. reboot into m0n0wall.
4. upgrade m0n0wall.
5. restore config.

just my 2 cents.

btw...how much did the supermicron cost you ?? Also, I am maintaining
a couple of pages on the wiki. When you have time, let me know what CF
card you purchased, mfg/model + link, and your thoughts on the
supermicron hardware. I will add these to the wiki.

~ Don.