[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roy Boverhof <furymedia at gmail dot com>
 To:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem booting m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:25:01 +0100
Hi Don,

thanks! I was just searching the archive for this livedisk. (I downloaded it
some time ago)

I noticed the livedisk doesn't have the most recent versions: 1.11, 1.2b3,
and 1.2b7 on it, so I just figured out just to use the "update" option in
m0n0wall :) (Thanks for beeing one step ahead of me...hehe..)

The supermicro server cost me just under 1000 euro's. But because I didn't
know which software I was going to run I also bought a 10K rpm 74Gb WD
Raptor. I'll have to lookup the invoice to find the exact costs.

When booting from CD I can specify nic's: bge0 and bge1 but since I don't
have any media to save on I am going to grab an old 20Gb ide disk so I can
test. In about a week I should have the CF -> IDE adapter I bought on eBay.
(Very cheap, around 6 euro's including shipping)

I plan on using this firewall in a webhosting environment: internet ->
firewall -> switch -> multiple web/mail servers.

Kind regards,

Roy