[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, furymedia at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Problem booting m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:50:10 -0500
> I noticed the livedisk doesn't have the most recent versions: 1.11, 1.2b3, and 1.2b7 on it, > so I
just figured out just to use the "update" option in m0n0wall :)

The Live installer DOES include these version. You need to look in
/usr/m0n0wall/beta for 1.2b3 and 1.2b7. However, I would still install
1.11 and then upgrade to 1.2 .

With regards to CF (or HD), check the doc's. In terms of the BIOS
settings, I "think" you will want to make sure power down/hibernate
and/or sleap mode is disabled. CF is really the way to go. Virtually
no power consumption, moving parts, or generated heat.

> When booting from CD I can specify nic's: bge0 and bge1 but since I don't have
> any media to save on I am going to grab an old 20Gb ide disk so I can test.

Search the archive's...I think I recall people using USB sticks. If
you can use a usb stick, I think you will probably have to use the
windows physwrite to put the m0n0wall image on the usb stick. I
personally have never tried this.

~ Don