[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roy Boverhof <furymedia at gmail dot com>
 To:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem booting m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:14:45 +0100
On 12/16/05, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com> wrote:

> > I noticed the livedisk doesn't have the most recent versions: 1.11,
> 1.2b3, and 1.2b7 on it, > so I just figured out just to use the "update"
> option in m0n0wall :)
>
> The Live installer DOES include these version. You need to look in
> /usr/m0n0wall/beta for 1.2b3 and 1.2b7. However, I would still install
> 1.11 and then upgrade to 1.2 .

Sorry.. I meant it doesn't have the lastest version ;) I'll install 1.11 and
upgrade, thanks!

With regards to CF (or HD), check the doc's. In terms of the BIOS
> settings, I "think" you will want to make sure power down/hibernate
> and/or sleap mode is disabled. CF is really the way to go. Virtually
> no power consumption, moving parts, or generated heat.

I agree, I'll use the old harddisk for testing purposes until my CF adapter
arrives. I ordered one with a backpanel, this supermicro server has the
mainboard mountaid in reverse so I can have the CF card in a nice slot at
the front of the server :)

> When booting from CD I can specify nic's: bge0 and bge1 but since I don't
> have
> > any media to save on I am going to grab an old 20Gb ide disk so I can
> test.
>
> Search the archive's...I think I recall people using USB sticks. If
> you can use a usb stick, I think you will probably have to use the
> windows physwrite to put the m0n0wall image on the usb stick. I
> personally have never tried this.

I have tried both a USB stick and compactflash card attached to the USB port
of the server. Both gave the same error as the cd-rom did before I change
the IDE / SATA settings in bios.

Kind regards,

Roy