[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jordon Hofer" <jhofer at bhware dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  A discovery about the 1.2 pptp issue
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:39:35 -0600
Greetings.  I have been running m0n0wall 1.1 at home (soekris 4511) and at
work (pc).  I upgraded my home router to 1.2 and found an interesting
problem.  I could not establish a vpn connection from work to home (using a
dell running winXP).  I figured the problem was that my pptp server was
configured wrong.  Things got interesting when I discovered that I could
connect to my home VPN from my parents' house using my powerbook (G4,
Tiger).  Also, a friend of mine could connect to my network from Germany
using winXP.  I read the posts on the 1.2 pptp issues and decided to upgrade
the work router to 1.2.  After doing that, all is well!  I can connect to
home from work now.
That is how I fixed the problem.  Hopefully it will be useful to others.

Jordon Hofer