[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  taharka <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>
 To:  Jim <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPOE Supported ?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:20:06 -0500
How do,

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 23:00 -0500, Jim wrote:
> taharka,
>
> Thanks for letting me know. I don't know why we can't get m0n0wall
> working on DSL ppoe here.
> I have just now got it working with IPCOP ppoe same hardware and I am
> sending this e-mail
> via the DSL connection. Working very well

I switched from IPCOP/Smoothwall to m0n0wall using the same hardware,
with no problems at all. Still use both for dial-up as m0n0wall is for
broadband only.

> I am using the Efficient Networks 5360 that only runs in bridge mode,
> tried Westell as well same symptom very very slow connection

Now that's interesting information. My ISP claims those two modems work
on two different DSLAMS.

> anything else you care to share that could shed some light on this ? Who
> is your DSL provider ?

My DSL provider/ISP at the moment (soon to change hands again for the
third time in ~4 yrs.)is Altell.

> Care to share the section of your config so I can compare. What version
> of m0nowall are you on ?

I'm running the same version/platform that you're running at the moment.
I also use CDROM version 1.2b7.

> Thanks
>
> Jim

BTW, I reread your status.php posting & it looks like there is a problem
with the NIC cards.

>fxp0: flags=9843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,LINK0,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>	options=40<POLLING>
>	inet 192.168.225.254 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast >192.168.225.255
>	ether 00:d0:b7:a6:b4:e8
>	media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
>	status: active
>rl0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>	options=40<POLLING>
>	ether 00:e0:7d:b3:bf:5b
>	media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
>	status: active
>rl1: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>	options=40<POLLING>
>	ether 00:e0:7d:b4:f5:e8
>	media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
>	status: no carrier

If, rl0: is your WAN interface, it should be running (100baseTX
<full-duplex>) as is fxp0: Most likely the reason for the slow speed.

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.