[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jim" <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPOE Supported ?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:44:05 -0500
taharka,

If you have followed my thread I have also used the Westell modem in Bridge
mode as well same slow results and it is 100mb
if I use the Westell alone in pppoe / firewall mode (no m0n0wall) speed is
fine. Also if I use the Efficient 5360 with a linksys router pppoe
login setup inside the linksys router speed is fine.

Speed is not the only issue mail does not work it connects to the server and
just sits there logging in

When I installed IPCOP last night on the same pc with the Netopia 5360 speed
was great mail worked etc

Only when m0n0wall is in place as pppoe authentication does the problem show
up

I am running m0n0wall on a pc v1.2 cdrom / floppy

Thanks for all your help and suggestions thus far

Jim