[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPOE Supported ?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:51:38 -0500
On 12/16/05, RP Smith <rpsmith at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> So if you are running PPPoE your MTU is fixed at 1492 and can't be changed
> by entering a smaller value in the MTU box? if that is true (and that is
> what my Status.php seems to show) that doesn't seem to make much sense.

Ok, I shouldn't say it's "always" 1492 - that's what it is by default.
 Changing it on the WAN page does change the value, not on the ng
interface I don't believe, but for ipfilter's MSS clamping (which is
what you want anyway, changing the interface wouldn't lower it for
traffic other than anything that originates from m0n0wall itself).

-Chris