[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPOE Supported ?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Dec 2005 18:09:28 -0500
Chris,

I have included my hardware on previous posts under subject:  MonoWall
PPOE connection very slow. What "details" are you looking for that would
help figure this out ?

Monowall versions tried  1.11 ,1.2b7 and finaly 1.2 cd/floppy PIII
800MHZ 128MB Ram Onboard MB Nic Intel Nic PCI also tried Dlink Nic
DSL Modem Efficient 5360 Bridge only, tried Westell, tried Netopia same
results

Same DSL to Linksys pppoe works fine
Same DSL to Westell as Firewall not in bridge mode works fine (monowall
out of picture)

DSL is from NSP (Bellsouth reseller) to customer location

Previous connection was same DSL same Efficient bridge same m0n0wa;;
worked fine ISP changed to PPPOE and problem started
PPPOE MTU is 1492

IPCOP isntalled onto IDE HDD on same hardware above works no problem
tested last night

Thanks for the help

Jim