[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roy Boverhof <furymedia at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall for a small ISP
 Date:  Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:26:51 +0100
Hi All,

I have managed to install m0n0wall on my 1U supermicro server which I intend
to use in webhosting / isp environment. I searched the archives but couldn't
find any "m0n0wall for dummies" information ;)

At the moment I am testing it in my internal network, but to be honest I am
very new to firewall configuration and I don't really know where to start.

Basically I want to setup the m0n0wall as a bridge where only certain ports
get forwarded like 25/80/443/etc

internet <--> firewall <--> switch <--> multiple mail/webservers

Where do I begin? I configured LAN IP 10.0.0.7 and WAN IP 10.0.0.8, what do
I do next? (If I get everything to work I'll change these IP's to the ones
we use at the datacenter)

Thanks,

Roy