[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLAN implimentation
 Date:  Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:55:06 -0500
On 12/17/05, Marc Infield <marc at infielddesign dot com> wrote:
> > I started working on this tonight.
> > http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=VLAN
> > (comments encouraged)
> >

> I am pretty inexperienced with networking and I think this is very
> helpful.
> I did a bunch of googling and reading a while back on VLANs and this
> covered a
> lot of what I found and is a very quick read. Also the VLAN to VLAN
> performance hit is something I didn't know about. It would be nice if
> some of this was part of general docs.

Glad to hear it was helpful in its less than finished state.

You might want to check it out again, as I just added a couple of
network diagrams that I hope are easily worth a couple thousand words
each.  :)
http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=VLAN

I'm also in the middle of adding info on how to configure a Catalyst
2924 and m0n0wall for VLAN support.

-Chris