[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Fwd: Re: Traffic shaping, VoIP delays
 Date:  Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:01:21 -0500
Don Munyak wrote:
> I have vonage as well. Originally they sent me a Linksys RPT103
> combination router/firewall/sip. Either I had a defective model, or it
> was just a piece of crap. Anyway, now I have a Motorola VT103 which
> works great. I put this infront of the firewall. Phone works great,
> interenet works great. Basically my LAN looks like this
>
> cable---cablemodem---VT103----m0n0wall----switch
>
> btw..Ugo, if you only hearing part of the conversation, there are
> ports you need to open up inbound. The Vonage website KB and/or forum
> explains this. Vonage has something like the microsoft update agent
> that will need access inbound to the sip.
>
> ~don

According to this article:
http://www.vonage.ca/help.php?article=89&category=39&nav=3

I have to forward ports 10 000-20 000 UDP to my ATA.  I did it, I'll
test it out today.

But in the article it says that if I don't do it I could experience
one-way calls or no audio.  This is not exactly what happenes.

I don't think the unit is underpowered, it is a WRAP with almost no
internet activity when I tested.

Regards,
--
Ugo