[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portal IP of wireless AP not wireless laptop
 Date:  Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:31:31 -0500
On 12/4/05, Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> This was an issue I have brought up since July but no working solutions were
> given. Using WRT54G as WAP (not using WAN port) and disabled MAC Filter.
> Sadly, WRT54G - Captive Portal Authentication only works with 1.2b7 for me.
> Anything above that version will simply loop you back to the authentication
> page.
>
> But if you connect through the wired port of the WRT54G, you can
> successfully authenticate.  This problem only happens if you connect
> wirelessly.

We're trying to get this problem resolved for the next 1.2 release,
but I can't replicate this problem at all with my WRT54G or WRT54GS,
no matter what version I use.

Can you give some more details?  What firmware is on the Linksys?
After you authenticate using 1.2 final, what MAC address is shown for
wireless machines on the ARP table page under diagnostics?

-Chris