[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Cisler <fcisler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper on High Speed
 Date:  Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:44:27 -0500
I just recently upgraded my internet connection from 10/1 to 30/2.

My old traffic shaping rules had two pipes, One 900 and one 9000
(upload/download, accordingly).

I've changed those two pipes to 1900 and 29000 and re-enabled traffic
shaping.

WITHOUT traffic shaping i get a steady 22/1.5 (this is around 5 PM too, so
not bad)

WITH traffic shaping set, drop that down to a max or 18/1.3...reguardless
time of day...sometimes it's lower, sometimes higher.

My question is that is the traffic shaper designed to handle such a large
connection?

Should i be using the traffic shaper?

I use BitTorrent (program limited to 200KB), OpenVPN, and a couple PC's for
general browsing.

My VoIP is integrated into the modem, and is in it's own QoS from the cable
provider...so im not concerned about that.

Any suggestions/ideas?